Intensive Interaction Institute - General Introduction Course
Meeting the fundamental communication needs of people who have severe learning difficulties and/or autism
What is it?
A full one day attended course in the history, principles, techniques and outcomes of Intensive Interaction including evidence of its benefits.
Find out about the nature of Intensive Interaction along with examples detailing the techniques, and be in a position to start practising it.
Who is it for?
It will be of interest to anyone who is involved in the care, support or education children or adults with learning difficulties and/or autism, including social services staff, teachers and assistants, nurses, staff from voluntary organisations, therapists and indeed parents and other carers.
Everyone attending this course will:
- have an overview of the history of Intensive Interaction, its sources and evidence base
- have a general knowledge about the nature of Intensive Interaction
- be better placed to understand the principles and techniques of Intensive Interaction
- have practical and technical information about how to do Intensive Interaction in a way that will enable you to start practising following on from the course
- see an extensive range of video examples of Intensive Interaction being used with people who have Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilities, global learning difficulties and people who speak
- learn about the importance of 'The Fundamentals of Communication' in early learning and performance
- be equipped with the associated practical vocabulary to enhance your own development
- have a better understanding of intended outcomes
- be introduced to associated issues such as record keeping and documentation, organising for implementation of Intensive Interaction, age-appropriateness and physical contact
- receive a comprehensive handout pack
How much does it cost?
- £200 per person
- Discounts are available for early bookings and participants of the online taster workshop
Book a place on the next course here
The Introduction to Intensive Interaction Course Booking Form - North West London Friday 13 November 2020 - available here
To book a place on the course taking place on the outskirts of North West London on Friday 13 November 2020, please complete and submit the Booking Form here