Intensive Interaction Institute - General Introduction Course
Meeting the fundamental communication needs of people who have severe learning difficulties and/or autism
What is it?
A full one day attended course in the history, principles, techniques and outcomes of Intensive Interaction including evidence of its benefits.
Find out about the nature of Intensive Interaction along with examples detailing the techniques, and be in a position to start practising it.
Who is it for?
It will be of interest to anyone who is involved in the care, support or education children or adults with learning difficulties and/or autism, including social services staff, teachers and assistants, nurses, staff from voluntary organisations, therapists and indeed parents and other carers.
Everyone attending this course will:
- have an overview of the history of Intensive Interaction, its sources and evidence base
- have a general knowledge about the nature of Intensive Interaction
- be better placed to understand the principles and techniques of Intensive Interaction
- have practical and technical information about how to do Intensive Interaction in a way that will enable you to start practising following on from the course
- see an extensive range of video examples of Intensive Interaction being used with people who have Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilities, global learning difficulties and people who speak
- learn about the importance of 'The Fundamentals of Communication' in early learning and performance
- be equipped with the associated practical vocabulary to enhance your own development
- have a better understanding of intended outcomes
- be introduced to associated issues such as record keeping and documentation, organising for implementation of Intensive Interaction, age-appropriateness and physical contact
- receive a comprehensive handout pack
How much does it cost?
- £200 per person
- Discounts are available for early bookings and participants of the online taster workshop
Book a place on the next course here
The Institute is currently organising its next round of courses on Introduction to Intensive Interaction and when they have been confirmed will have details posted here.
In the meantime it is possible to find out about what's happening in the world of Intensive Interaction by subscribing to the Institute's Mailing List by following the link below.
Subscribe to the Mailing List
If you would like to be informed of when the next course is due to take place you can do so by subscribing to the Mailing List which will also inform you about other events like courses and Regional Support Groups, services provided for individuals, groups and organisations, latest products and publications and regular newsletters