the official ...
Developing Fundamentals of Communication
Mother to Henry - 2yrs old - with autism
Mother to Tom
Parent & Support Manager, Brandon Trust
Upcoming Intensive Interaction Courses
Dr Dave Hewett
Welcome to the Intensive Interaction Website, home of the Intensive Interaction Institute. Intensive Interaction is an approach designed to help people at early levels of development, people who have autism, people who have severe, profound or complex learning difficulties. Intensive Interaction works on early interaction abilities - how to enjoy being with other people - to relate, interact, know, understand and practice communication routines.
Intensive Interaction teaches and develops the ‘Fundamentals of Communication’, attainments such as: use and understanding of eye contacts, facial expressions, vocalisations leading to speech, taking turns in exchanges of conversation and the structure of conversation.
More ...Dave Hewett gives a brief history about how Intensive Interaction came into being ...
How You Can Benefit
The Intensive Interaction Institute Mailing List
- The mission of the Institute is to define, develop, and disseminate the theory and practice of Intensive Interaction.
- If you would like to hear about the Institute and its activities please subscribe to our mailing list.
- You will receive information about:
- Upcoming events like Courses, Conferences and Regional Support Groups
- Services provided for individuals, groups and organisations
- Latest Products and Publications