Intensive Interaction Institute
All practitioners who work in the field: teachers and teacher assistants, speech and language therapists and assistants, psychologists, probationers and assistants, social workers, residential staff, qualified and non-qualified etc.
Therefore: the course will be open to all practitioners, of whatever qualification, or holding no qualifications except for their practical experience.
The course includes reading and becoming familiar with the underlying research. However, course tutors are experienced in helping all practitioners can be assisted to become comfortable with the academic components.
We believe that this course will be attractive to employers in that they will see the value of having a member of staff within the establishment or service who is an Intensive Interaction Coordinator.
By the end of the course an Intensive Interaction Co-ordinator will:
- be a good practitioner in the techniques of doing Intensive Interaction
- be able to train and mentor individuals and small staff teams in the practice of Intensive Interaction
- be able to give workshops on Intensive Interaction to groups
- be a resource to their employing organisation - have knowledge in theory and practice about approaches to supporting the implementation of Intensive Interaction within an organisation
- have read and be knowledgeable about all publications and theories on Intensive Interaction
- be knowledgeable about much of the underlying research theory on parent-baby interaction
- be knowledgeable about many of the issues and associated theories, e.g.: touch, age-appropriateness, developmental theories, the history of psychology and the place of Intensive Interaction, autism theories and history, communication work in the field of SLD etc.
approx 15 months - 21 days in 7 blocks of 3 days.
Course members carry out a practical, mentored Intensive Interaction project throughout the course
The study blocks take place at the Mount Pleasant Hotel in Malvern in the West Midlands
The Institute has favourable terms for accommodation at the hotel
Book a place on the next course here
Download the Co-ordinators Course Information Sheet
To book a place on the course starting in Malvern in the West Midlands starting in June 2019 please download the Information Sheet here to find out more details