Intensive Interaction Institute
Intensive Interaction for people with Autism
Meeting the fundamental communication needs of people with Autism
Intensive Interaction is for people who are at the earliest stages of communication development.
This includes many people who are speaking or starting to speak.
Intensive Interaction focuses on some central effects of autism.
Who should attend
This course is for anyone who is involved in the care, support or education of children or adults with Autism
• Support staff
• Parents and family
• Speech and Language Therapists
• Teachers and Teaching Assistants
• Service Managers
• Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists
• Psychologists and Assistant Psychologists
• Learning disability nurses
This one-day course will enable you to develop practical techniques to communicate and connect with people with Autism
· The Fundamentals of Communication - why is Intensive Interaction so important?
· How to do Intensive Interaction
· Videos showing children and adults with Autism making progress developing social and emotional connections, enjoying interactions, learning to communicate using vocalisations, facial expressions and gesture, becoming relaxed making eye contact (and much more!)
· Use of touch and issues of developmental pertinence
· Recognising outcomes and how to record keep
· How to get started
Book a place on the next course here
Download the Huddersfield Course Form
If you would prefer to book a place via a printed form for the course at Huddersfield on May 4, 2018 you can download it here
Download the London Course Form
If you would prefer to book a place via a printed form for the course in London on June 12, 2018 you can download it here