Intensive Interaction Institute
Good Practice Course
Becoming a good practitioner of Intensive Interaction techniques
A six month mentored course (with 3 tutored study days) to develop good Intensive Interaction practices using a combination of tutoring methods, including: video evaluation, expert presentations, facilitated discussions and other structured learning activities.
This course will be of interest to staff of all disciplines who work with adults and children with learning difficulties, including social services staff, teachers and assistants, nurses, staff from voluntary organisations, therapists and indeed parents and other carers.
All of the course processes and materials are designed to fulfil the following simple aims, so that by the end of the course, the trainee:
- will be able to fully understand the principles of Intensive Interaction
- will be a good practitioner in the techniques of doing Intensive Interaction
- will be able to usefully reflect on their own and others’ Intensive Interaction practices
- will be able to effectively recognise and record progress with Intensive Interaction.
Course Programme includes
- access to experienced and qualified Intensive Interaction tutors throughout the 6 months duration of the course
- all necessary teaching materials
- refreshments and lunch during the 3 tutored course study days
Continuous assessment by experienced course tutors
Book a place on the next course here
The Institute is currently organising its next round of Good Practice Courses and when they have been confirmed will have details posted here.
In the meantime it is possible to find out about what's happening in the world of Intensive Interaction by subscribing to the Institute's Mailing List by following the link below.
Subscribe to the Mailing List
If you would like to be informed of when the next course is due to take place you can do so by subscribing to the Mailing List which will also inform you about other events like courses and Regional Support Groups, services provided for individuals, groups and organisations, latest products and publications and regular newsletters