‘Reconnecting with Intensive Interaction’
A Conference for Parents/Carers/Family Members, Professionals in Education, Health & Social Care, Students and Individuals with an interest in Intensive Interaction
Access to recordings of the Conference are available until Friday 3rd December 2021 to view or revisit missed sessions.
Watching the videos is available to those who attended the Conference or who paid for a place but were unable to attend on the day.
On the Timetable, Presentations and Discussion Groups Sections below, click on the '+' on the sessions you wish to watch and enter the password sent to you
9:00 am: Conference ‘tables’ to be open for delegates to virtually meet fellow attendees.
9:30 – 9:40am: ‘Welcome’ from new Institute Directors Anne Adams, Pete Schonbeck & Ben Smith.
9:40 – 10.00am: Dr Dave Hewett OBE – handing over to you …
Morning Presentations PLEASE SEE VIDEOS IN THE NEXT SECTION BELOW
10:05 – 10:50am: Session 1a: presentations – Delegates to attend 1st of 4
11:10 – 11:55am: Session 1b: presentations – Delegates to attend 2nd of 4
11.55 – 12.00pm … a few words in summary from the hosts
1:00 – 1:05pm: Welcome back from hosts … now please go to the next session.
Afternoon Discussion Groups PLEASE SEE VIDEOS IN THE NEXT SECTION BELOW.
1:05 – 1:50pm: Session 2a: discussion groups – Delegates to attend 3rd of 4.
2:10 – 2:55pm: Session 2b: discussion groups – Delegates to attend 4th of 4.
10-minute Video Case Study (from invited Intensive Interaction Coordinator)
3:15 – 3:45pm: Q&A session with all the speakers, facilitated by the hosts …
3:50 – 4:00pm: Thank you … and some final words from Dr Dave Hewett OBE.
Presentations & Discussion Groups
Delegates are to choose to attend two presentations in the morning and two discussion groups in the afternoon
The choices are to be indicated on the Booking Form below
Morning Presentations Choices
- 1: Intensive Interaction in the Classroom: setting out the main issues raised in the new book on using Intensive Interaction in the classroom – Pam Smith & Amandine Mourière.
- 2: Intensive Interaction for people with Dementia: a developing story in supporting family members and service users with dementia in care – Rachel Woodhouse, Wendy Evans & Dr Maggie Ellis.
- 3: Intensive Interaction and positive behaviour support – a report on the recently published paper by Jules McKim & Dr Judith Samuel.
- 4: The decision-making processes of experienced Intensive Interaction Practitioners – a guide to practice based on a recently published research paper by Graham Firth.
Afternoon Discussion Groups Choices
- 5: Intensive Interaction for those who speak: where are we currently in our understanding and use of Intensive Interaction with these individuals? - Lynnette Menzies & Sara Moroza-James.
- 6: Is Intensive Interaction a therapy? Looking at the psychological and therapeutic use of Intensive Interaction – Dr Ruth Berry & Dr Ditte Rose Andersen.
- 7: Learning the lessons of caring and support during lockdown: what has the Covid-19 lockdown taught us about Intensive Interaction, and about society more generally? - Katherine Shearer & Ian Harris.
- 8: Hearing the Voice of Parents: a parental and family perspective on the future of Intensive Interaction provision and support – Pete Elwick & Anna Cauvin.